Click on Event to Register
Social Security Benefits Workshop – Apr 18
April 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us for an adult education workshop.
Ash Toumayants from AFEA’s Central PA Chapter will present a FREE educational workshop covering one of the most relevant and challenging financial topics Americans face today, social security benefits.
Understanding Your Social Security Benefit Options
One of the most important decisions you need to make before retiring is when, and how, to claim your Social Security benefits. Almost all retirees apply for Social Security as soon as they become eligible at age 62. By doing so, you may significantly, and permanently, impact your income and benefits for the rest of your life. The difference between the best and worst possible decision about when to start Social Security can be well over $100,000!
In this financial workshop, you will learn how to:
- File for Social Security benefits
- Maximize the amount you are eligible to receive
- Avoid the most common mistakes people make when claiming benefits
- Position your assets to minimize, or avoid, paying taxes on Social Security benefits
- Claim a spousal benefit, even if divorced
- Earned income, while receiving Social Security, affects your benefits
- How Social Security is taxed
- Determine which claiming strategy is best for you
- Understand the future of Social Security and what that means to you
- Cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) impact benefits
- Determine when it makes sense to delay benefits and when it does not
- Determine what to do if you have other income from pensions or IRAs
At Strong Tower Associates, we hold various informational workshops and seminars during the year. These are not just for our clients. But the surrounding community too. We focus primarily on financial topics including; social security collection strategies, asset protection, long-term care, life insurance, and retirement planning.
Often, our seminars and workshops include a speaking engagement and learning activities. We also include take-home materials. We strive to keep our clients and community up-to-date on important issues and information that matter. To you, your family, and your financial well-being.